Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bread...

Last August my wife and I gave up eating grains. Most people don't realize just what this involves. Just about everything imaginable that is a manufactured food contains some form of a grain. You have to read labels very carefully to determine what is okay to eat and what is not. We have been very good about our diet with the exception of holiday dinners. Today my wife baked bread for the first time in many months. We didn't have any in the house for the kids and since they do eat grains she decided to bake some. It came out of the oven just as I got home from work. We decided to each eat one slice, and I have to say it was heavenly. I really can say that only having something on a very rare occasion really makes you appreciate it more. We won't be having any more bread in the near future but it is nice to bend the rules once in a while.

No comments: