Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Job Market...

It is not secret that I work in an office that strives to help people become employed or employable. I love my job and meet interesting people every day. Today I had someone in the office who has a music background. He astounded me with his knowledge of everything from something he called to various composers throughout history. It is always a struggle when I meet someone like this because we live in a very small town. There just isn't a big market to place people in a music related profession in our area. What is even harder to understand is when they have relocated to our area with a goal of finding a job in this type of profession. Personally I would move to a big city if I wanted to work in music as opposed to a small town on the east coast.

No comments: