Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ongoing Back Pain...

We went to visit my in-laws today for a few hours. We typically see them once or twice a week. The last time I saw my father-in-law he was getting around fine. Today he looked absolutely awful and seemed to be in a great deal of pain. He said that his back was killing him. My mother-in-law mentioned he used one of the stair lifts at the Veteran's Club this week. This is a sign to me that he is in a great deal of pain. I am really hoping he is well soon. This time last year he was barely able to walk and had been undergoing cancer treatment. At the time we really considered installing a stair lift in there home to give him better mobility in the house. He had to use a walker and a wheelchair for quite a period of time. Somehow he made a dramatic turn around after his cancer treatments concluded and has been very good for a long time. I am really hoping this is just a temporary setback and that his feeling better soon. The several months, of him feeling well and being able to walk with ease, have been a real blessing. We will do whatever it takes to keep him at home even if that means making accommodations to the home life a wheelchair ramp or a stair lift. We will be back to visit them in a few days and should be able to get a better picture of what is going on.

No comments: