Saturday, August 10, 2013

Primal

I went this week for an appointment with my endocronologist. In the course of my appointment I asked the doctor about the variety of issues I seem to be dealing with and how I could best approach them. One thing he mentioned is my diet. Although I am a fit guy and eat well in general I now have an autoimmune disease that I will be dealing with for the rest of my life. He mentioned that most health problem can be addressed in some way by diet and suggested I try the Paleo/Primal diet. He was surprised to know that we had tried this diet for about a year and a half and somehow had gotten away from it. We are now 5 days into clean eating and forgoing grains of all types and sugar. It is rough but I am really going to give it my best effort to stick with this plan of eating.

No comments: