Friday, August 03, 2012

Getting 'Er done

Since we bought our truck last week I have made a list of things I want to replace or fix on it. Mind you this truck is in very good shape but there are things with any older truck that are just worth fixing before they break. Given our rough winters I would rather replace things I know are going to go now that have to do it in a snow storm. Thus far I have put on a new airbag clockspring, a new shock, and a new upper control arm. I am going to the the other shock and control arm in the morning. The owner of this truck took good care of it but it sat a great deal and wasn't driven much. This means there are things that rusty and dry rotten. While they might be usable now I don't know how they will hold up to consistent driving. I believe in prevention versus treatment once a problem arises.

No comments: