Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pretend Projects...

Tonight my parents are going to stop by for a bit. We haven't seen my father in a while because he lives several hunded miles away from us. Although my parents are divorced they are amicable enough that when he comes to town he stays with my mom. My wife always tries to look with busy with some project like looking for bell planters when he is here. His attitude rubs her the wrong way and she finds it easier to look like she is in the midst of a project than to listen to him. They are polar opposites when it comes to their view of the world and my father tries to start a conversation about his viewpoint whenever he is here. She is smart enough to realize nothing she says will change him and therefore doesn't try. I don't even think he realizes that she doesn't agree with him. I do think he thinks that is always working on some project or another no matter what time of year it is. 

No comments: